Hi! I'm a marketing technology professional. More importantly, I'm a marketing technology enthusiast.
Over the past decade, my experience in enterprise marketing technology solutions has spanned across both B2C and B2B channels. My typical role can be described as a “technology consultant” to marketing departments, having served as such in both agency and client-side settings. My background has coalesced with numerous industry verticals including finance, real estate, education, retail, hospitality, and tourism. My core emphasis as a results-oriented marketing professional is on data-driven strategy and execution.
My line of work can become rather complex. If there's one aspect that's simple, it would be my definition of success: non-stop learning.
Below is a list of each discipline I have specialized in and notable platforms I have experience with. While I have a flexible background, my primary occupation is rather distinctly centered on advanced cloud enterprise.
Nowadays, I have been zeroing in on marketing automation and CRM platforms within the technology stack, while consistently working to extract insightful, meaningful, and actionable data to help guide strategic decision-making. As an analogy, some electricians are good all-around electricians but focus on auto. In this case, marketing cloud and marketing analytics would both be classified under that specialization.
Bishoy Riad ☁️
Innovative and results-driven Digital Marketing Leader with 10+ years of background in producing remarkable customer-centered experiences, implementing closed-loop ROI reporting, and maximizing revenue.
- IBM Watson
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
Certificate, Digital Marketing Professional
BrainStation, Vancouver, BC
Studied and reviewed all key digital marketing channels: Google Analytics, SEO, Google Ads, social ads, social media, E-commerce, and marketing automation. Conducted and presented a Digital Marketing Assessment for Vega as part of a hands-on course project.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing
2010 - 2016
Capilano University, North Vancouver, BC
Over the course of my time at Capilano University, I transitioned from engineering, geo sciences, and accounting to my current industry discipline: digital marketing.
Advanced Diploma, Digital Marketing
2014 - 2016
Capilano University, North Vancouver, BC
VISION Conference Ambassador
BCAMA, Vancouver, BC
Salesforce Pardot User Group Chapter Rep
2016 - 2018
Pardot User Group, Vancouver, BC
As a participant at the local Pardot User Group, I observed and shared creative ideas and workarounds. I also exercised early-stage prospecting to bolster business development initiatives.
BCNET, Vancouver, BC
Director of Web Development
Capilano University Marketing Association, North Vancouver, BC
Marketing Operations Manager
2020 - Present
Sapling, Vancouver, BC
Digital Marketing Lead
2019 - 2020
Fresh Tracks Canada, Vancouver, BC
- Manage performance of all programs and lead gen campaigns including lead scoring and nurture programs
- Devise segmenting strategies to align BI and objectives
- Collaborate with the web team to maintain web form integrations
- Develop Velocity (VTL) scripts to tokenize SFDC fields
- Perform custom report/extract functionality in bulk via Marketo REST API and SFDC Data Loader/SOQL
- Produce Smart Lists to drive outbound engagement via Marketo as well as GA, Google Ads, Facebook and SFDC
Senior Marketing Automation Specialist
2018 - 2019
Revenue Automation, Vancouver, BC
- Led Revenue Automation’s website redesign project
- Built automation flows and strategies to enhance lift
- Designed/developed IBM Watson-integrated web forms
- Designed/developed HTML emails via Watson, Marketo
- Established and maintained rapport with key clients
- Updated marketing collateral using Adobe CC
- Reported on drip campaign automation workflows
Digital Marketing Technician
2014 - 2018
Global Village English Centres, Vancouver, BC
- Planned and executed inbound marketing using Pardot Marketing Automation and Salesforce CRM
- Reviewed Google Analytics reports to determine strengths vis-à-vis areas of improvement
- Ran PPC Ads relying on audience and keyword research
- Optimized PPC campaigns (reduced CPC from $5 to ~$0.08 and CPA from $75 to <$2)
- Performed CRO (increased lead ratio 3x from 1.6% to 4.8%)
- Conducted SEO with traffic averaging 14,000+ visits/mo
- Managed web update/re-design projects using Teamwork
Digital Marketing Manager
2012 - 2014
Zen Digital, North Vancouver, BC
- Ran Google Ads using keyword research, budget analysis
- Maintained WordPress website with custom HTML/CSS
- Tracked site metrics via Google Analytics, Search Console
- Managed social: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
E-Commerce & SEO Specialist
2010 - 2012
Music Gallery, North Vancouver, BC
- Maintained website database using Zen Cart E-Commerce CMS
- Updated product listings using Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Provided customers with current product information
- Managed YouTube Video Advertising initiatives
Here is a small sampling of a few marketing and web projects I have worked on.
Outside of my career endeavours, I am a big time hockey fan.
You better believe I was beyond elated when Sidney Crosby of Team Canada scored the Golden Goal during Vancouver 2010, or when Alex Burrows of the Vancouver Canucks somehow slayed the dragon a year later against their then-bitter rivals, the Chicago Blackhawks. Classic moments. Equally so, I was heartbroken when the same team eventually lost to the Boston Bruins in Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals, but that is part of what makes it such a memorable experience. Wins have no meaning without losses, much like how successes contrast with failures. Fast forward to 2020, and my passion for the sport is still going strong despite the current hiatus caused by the unpredictable and challenging events surrounding COVID-19.
A few of my other favourite pasttimes include movies, hiking excursions, travelling, attending concerts, karaoke, reading blogs, and enjoying Mediterranean cuisine. Yes so many movies, but let's be real, nothing holds a candle to Deadpool. And I'm not just saying that because Ryan Reynolds is also a Vancouver native. Go Deadpool!
As a technology enthusiast and not just a martech fanatic, I've also been taking a real interest in futurology. In particular, I look forward to discovery around AI and the presumed reality (or not) of the technological singularity. I for one embrace serving our Google overlords. (Pro tip: spreading Google propaganda is known to significantly boost your SEO ... just kidding. Outbound links like the ones above, however, do help.)
I've been fortunate to work with (and learn from!) several rockstars. Here's what some of them are saying about my digital marketing competencies:
Whether it was designing our website, quickly resolving any web based problems, or getting students involved and attending our events, Bishoy is always willing and more than capable of handling any task thrown his way.
I have not met a more capable digital marketing professional than Bishoy. I've worked with him first-hand, and his resourcefulness is superb. Notably, his attention to detail, methodical approach, and problem solving skills...
Web Content Manager
Bishoy is clearly one of those go-to people who figures out how to get things done and I would be delighted to work with him again. He is an extremely strong contributor and an excellent team player.
Digital Marketing Consultant
I have the privilege of knowing Bishoy for almost 5 years and he is an example of hard work and professionalism... Besides Bishoy's amazing technological talent, he is loyal friend of mine and always puts the needs of his team before self interests.