Hi! I'm a digital marketing professional. More importantly, I'm a digital marketing enthusiast.
Over the past decade, my experience in enterprise marketing technology solutions has spanned across both B2C and B2B channels. My typical role can be described as a “technology consultant” to marketing departments, having served as such in both agency and client-side settings. My background has coalesced with numerous industry verticals including technology, finance, real estate, education, retail, hospitality and tourism. My core emphasis as a results-oriented marketing professional is on data-driven strategy and execution.
My line of work can become rather complex. If there's one aspect that's simple, it would be my definition of success: non-stop learning.
Below is a list of each discipline I have specialized in and notable platforms I have experience with. While I have a flexible background, my primary occupation is rather distinctly centered on advanced cloud enterprise.
Nowadays, I have been zeroing in on marketing automation and CRM platforms within the technology stack, while consistently working to extract insightful, meaningful and actionable data to help guide strategic decision-making. As an analogy, some electricians are good all-around electricians but focus on auto. In this case, marketing cloud and marketing analytics would both be classified under that specialization.
Bishoy Riad ☁️
Innovative and results-driven Digital Marketing Leader with 10+ years of background in producing remarkable customer-centered experiences, implementing closed-loop ROI reporting and maximizing revenue.
Certificate, Digital Marketing Professional
BrainStation, Vancouver, BC
Studied and reviewed all key digital marketing channels: Google Analytics, SEO, Google Ads, social ads, social media, E-commerce and marketing automation. Conducted and presented a Digital Marketing Assessment for Vega as part of a hands-on course project.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing
2010 - 2016
Capilano University, North Vancouver, BC
Over the course of my time at Capilano University, I transitioned from engineering, geo sciences and accounting to my current industry discipline: digital marketing.
Advanced Diploma, Digital Marketing
2014 - 2016
Capilano University, North Vancouver, BC
VISION Conference Ambassador
BCAMA, Vancouver, BC
Salesforce Pardot User Group Chapter Rep
2016 - 2018
Pardot User Group, Vancouver, BC
As a participant at the local Pardot User Group, I observed and shared creative ideas and workarounds. I also exercised early-stage prospecting to bolster business development initiatives.
BCNET, Vancouver, BC
Presented findings on information technology infrastructure from an end user and research-based perspective as part of the 2015 annual BCNET conference.
Director of Web Development
Capilano University Marketing Association, North Vancouver, BC
Marketing Operations Manager
2020 - Present
Sapling, Vancouver, BC
- Manage performance of all programs and lead gen campaigns including lead scoring and nurture programs
- Perform CRO via Google Optimize with an initial 2-week result of a 300% increase in SaaS Product Demo Request Conversions from 5% to 20% ( vs. ) in September 2020
- Devise segmentation strategies to align BI and objectives
- Integrate and automate the Sapling Marketing Technology Stack
Digital Marketing Lead
2019 - 2020
Fresh Tracks Canada, Vancouver, BC
- Led all marketing automation, CRM, data infrastructure, segmentation and reporting initiatives
- Launched : $65K+ revenue yield mid-pandemic
- Developed Velocity (VTL) scripts to tokenize SFDC fields
- Performed custom report/extract functionality in bulk via Marketo REST API and SFDC Data Loader/SOQL
- Produced Smart Lists to drive outbound engagement via Marketo as well as GA, Google Ads, Facebook and SFDC
Senior Marketing Automation Specialist
2018 - 2019
Revenue Automation, Vancouver, BC
- Led Revenue Automation’s website redesign project
- Built automation flows and strategies to enhance lift
- Designed/developed IBM Watson-integrated web forms
- Designed/developed HTML emails via Watson, Marketo
- Established and maintained rapport with key clients
- Updated marketing collateral using Adobe CC
- Reported on drip campaign automation workflows
Digital Marketing Technician
2014 - 2018
Global Village English Centres, Vancouver, BC
- Planned and executed inbound marketing using Pardot Marketing Automation and Salesforce CRM
- Reviewed Google Analytics reports to determine strengths vis-à-vis areas of improvement
- Ran PPC Ads relying on audience and keyword research
- Optimized PPC campaigns (reduced CPC from $5 to ~$0.08 and CPA from $75 to <$2)
- Conducted SEO with traffic averaging 14,000+ visits/mo
- Managed web update/re-design projects using Teamwork
Digital Marketing Manager
2012 - 2014
Zen Digital, North Vancouver, BC
- Ran Google Ads using keyword research, budget analysis
- Maintained WordPress website with custom HTML/CSS
- Tracked site metrics via Google Analytics, Search Console
- Managed social: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
E-Commerce & SEO Specialist
2010 - 2012
Music Gallery, North Vancouver, BC
- Maintained website database using Zen Cart E-Commerce CMS
- Updated product listings using Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Provided customers with current product information
- Managed YouTube Video Advertising initiatives
Here is a sample of a few marketing and website projects I have worked on.
Outside of my career endeavours, I am a big time hockey fan.
You better believe I was beyond elated when of scored the during , or when of the somehow a year later against their then-bitter rivals, the . Classic moments. Equally so, I was crushed when the same team eventually lost to the in Game 7 of the , but that is part of what makes it such a memorable experience. Wins have no meaning without losses, much like how successes contrast with failures.
A few of my other favourite pasttimes include movies, hiking excursions, travelling, attending concerts, karaoke, reading blogs and enjoying Mediterranean cuisine. Yes so many movies, but let's be real, nothing holds a candle to . And not just because is also a Vancouver native. Go Deadpool!
I've been fortunate to work with (and learn from!) several rockstars. Here's what some of them are saying about my digital marketing competencies:
Whether it was designing our website, quickly resolving any web based problems, or getting students involved and attending our events, Bishoy is always willing and more than capable of handling any task thrown his way.
I have not met a more capable digital marketing professional than Bishoy. I've worked with him first-hand and his resourcefulness is superb. Notably, his attention to detail, methodical approach and problem solving skills...
Web Content Manager
Bishoy is clearly one of those go-to people who figures out how to get things done and I would be delighted to work with him again. He is an extremely strong contributor and an excellent team player.
Digital Marketing Consultant
I have the privilege of knowing Bishoy for almost 5 years and he is an example of hard work and professionalism... Besides Bishoy's amazing technological talent, he is loyal friend of mine and always puts the needs of his team before self interests.