👋🏻 Hey there! I'm a Digital Marketing Technology professional. More importantly, I'm a Digital Marketing Technology enthusiast.
My typical role can be described as a “Technology Consultant” to Marketing Departments, having served as such in both Agency and Client-side settings. My background in enterprise marketing technology solutions has spanned across both B2C and B2B channels, which has coalesced with numerous industry verticals. , I have transitioned to settle in the Tech Sector.
- Real Estate
My core emphasis as a results-oriented Marketing Operations Leader is on data-driven strategy and execution.
This line of work can become rather complex. If there's one simple aspect, it would be my definition of success: non-stop learning 🚀
Marketing Operations/Growth Manager & Web Developer
Seasoned, data-driven marketing technology professional with a passion for problem-solving.
- Degree: Bachelor's, Digital Marketing
- Primary Industry: Technology & SaaS
- City: PST - Vancouver, CA & San Francisco, US
My notably include a BBA Degree specialized in Marketing issued by Capilano University as well as a Digital Marketing program certificate issued by BrainStation. In addition, I hold professional certifications in Salesforce Pardot, Adobe Marketo, IBM Watson, and HubSpot. I also possess official Google Partner status via certifications in Google Analytics and Google Ads.
Below is a list of each discipline I have specialized in and notable platforms I have experience with. While I have a flexible background, my primary occupation is distinctly centered on advanced cloud enterprise platforms with two areas of emphasis: marketing data and marketing development.
Nowadays, I have been zeroing in on marketing automation and CRM platforms within the technology stack, while consistently working to extract insightful, meaningful, and actionable data to help guide strategic decision-making. As an analogy, some electricians are good all-around electricians but focus on auto. In this case, marketing cloud and marketing analytics would both be classified under that specialization.
Bishoy Riad ☁️
Innovative and results-driven Digital Marketing Ops Leader with 15+ years of background in producing remarkable customer-centric experiences, implementing closed-loop ROI reporting, and maximizing revenue.
Certificate, Digital Marketing Professional
BrainStation, New York, NY
Studied and reviewed all key digital marketing channels: Google Analytics, SEO, Google Ads, social ads, social media, E-commerce, and marketing automation. Conducted and presented a Digital Marketing Assessment for Vega as part of a hands-on course project.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing
2010 - 2015
Capilano University, Vancouver, BC
Over the course of my time at Capilano University, I transitioned from engineering, geo sciences, and accounting to my current industry discipline: digital marketing.
Advanced Diploma, Digital Marketing
2014 - 2015
Capilano University, Vancouver, BC
Community Partner, Marketing Operations
2020 - Present
MarketingOps(dot)com, Orange County, CA
Community Partner, Revenue Operations
2020 - Present
RevGenius, New York, NY
VISION Conference Ambassador
BCAMA, Vancouver, BC
Salesforce Pardot User Group Chapter Rep
2016 - 2018
Pardot User Group, Vancouver, BC
As a participant at the local Pardot User Group, I observed and shared creative ideas and workarounds to marketing automation challenges in the Salesforce ecosystem. I also exercised early-stage prospecting to bolster business development initiatives.
Director of Web Development
Capilano University Marketing Association, Vancouver, BC
As the web developer at CAPUMA, I was responsible for doing a complete re-design project of the website. I have done so using a combination of the WordPress Content Management System and HTML5/CSS coding. On an ongoing basis, I was responsible for uploading new content, organizing the layout, updating blog posts, and coordinating with online marketing efforts via social media.
BCNET, Vancouver, BC
Presented findings on information technology infrastructure from an end user and research-based perspective as part of the 2015 annual BCNET conference.
Senior Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
2023 - Present
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, San Francisco, CA - Remote (Contract)
Senior Marketing Operations Manager
2022 - 2023
Instabug, San Francisco, CA - Remote
- Oversaw all B2B SaaS growth-engine projects, ABM, and digital asset management, and web initiatives at scale
- Spearheaded the WordPress > Webflow migration and subsequent phases including and Webflow training
- Implemented a full-scale Webflow <> Marketo <> LeanData <> Salesforce integration with comprehensive tracking and user flows
Marketing Operations Manager
2021 - 2022
Evisort, San Francisco, CA - Remote
- Optimized site performance, improving the load time by >80%
- Oversaw the WordPress > Webflow site migration in Q3 and HubSpot > Pardot MAP migration in Q4
- Integrated and automated the Evisort Marketing Technology Stack
Marketing Operations Manager
2020 - 2021
Sapling (acquired by Kallidus!), San Francisco, CA
Digital Marketing Lead
2019 - 2020
Fresh Tracks, Vancouver, BC
- Led all marketing automation, CRM, data infrastructure, segmentation, and reporting initiatives
- Launched : $65K+ revenue yield mid-pandemic
- Developed Velocity (VTL) scripts to tokenize SFDC fields
- Performed custom report/extract functionality in bulk via Marketo REST API and SFDC Data Loader/SOQL
- Produced Smart Lists to drive outbound engagement via Marketo as well as GA, Google Ads, Facebook, and SFDC
Senior Marketing Automation Specialist
2017 - 2019
IBM (Revenue Automation), New York, NY - Remote
- Led Revenue Automation’s website redesign project
- Built automation flows and strategies to enhance lift
- Designed/developed IBM Watson-integrated web forms
- Designed/developed HTML emails via Watson, Marketo
- Established and maintained rapport with key clients
- Updated marketing collateral using Adobe CC
- Reported on drip campaign automation workflows
Digital Marketing Technician
2013 - 2017
Global Village English Centres, Vancouver, BC
- Planned and executed inbound marketing using Pardot Marketing Automation and Salesforce CRM
- Reviewed Google Analytics reports to determine strengths vis-à-vis areas of improvement
- Ran PPC Ads relying on audience and keyword research
- Optimized PPC campaigns (reduced CPC from $5 to ~$0.08 and CPA from $75 to <$2)
- Conducted SEO with traffic averaging 14,000+ visits/mo
- Managed web update/re-design projects using Teamwork
Digital Marketing Manager
2011 - 2013
Zen Digital, Vancouver, BC
- Ran Google Ads using keyword research, budget analysis
- Maintained WordPress website with custom HTML/CSS
- Tracked site metrics via Google Analytics, Search Console
- Managed social: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
E-Commerce & SEO Specialist
2010 - 2011
Music Gallery, Vancouver, BC
- Maintained website database using Zen Cart E-Commerce CMS
- Updated product listings using Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Provided customers with current product information
- Led YouTube Video Advertising initiatives
Here is a sample of noteworthy digital marketing projects I have worked on.
Outside of my career endeavours, I am a longtime hockey fan. Wins have no meaning without losses, much like how successes contrast with failures.
Recently, I've picked up the guitar and fun doesn't even begin to describe that learning experience 🎸🤘🏻
A few of my other favourite pasttimes include running, cycling, movies, travelling, concerts, karaoke, reading blogs, and enjoying Mediterranean cuisine. Speaking of movies, does anything even hold a candle to ? I'm not just saying that because is a Vancouver native too, but that tidbit is a definite plus.
As a technology enthusiast and not just a marketing technologist by trade, I've also been taking a real interest in . In particular, I look forward to discovery around and the presumed reality (or not) of the . ChatGPT is as cool as it is scary, and it's super scary 🤖👻 on that note, you might want to give my new powered by ChatGPT a try!
I've been fortunate to collaborate with several industry rockstars. Here's what some of them are saying about my Digital Marketing Operations + Technology background:
Bishoy’s contributions were instrumental in filling, optimizing, and automating the funnel, building customer trust and advocacy, all while uplifting the team. He is a tremendous asset to any organization looking to incorporate best practices and scale exponentially.
I've worked with Bishoy over the past 8 years across multiple projects: software, digital marketing, CRM, sales. Bishoy is always first to drive forward. He's able to step back, look at the goals, and visualize a timeline of lead indicators to reverse engineer multiple paths to success.
10+ years in Digital Strategy/Marketing
I can attest to Bishoy's exceptional skills + passion for marketing ops: he's a tremendous asset. His Q1 2023 initiative to integrate Webflow, Marketo, Salesforce significantly elevated Instabug's team. His understanding of the martech landscape delivers outstanding results.
Senior Product Marketing Manager
I've had the privilege of knowing Bishoy for 5 years. He is an example of hard work and professionalism, bringing an excellent eye for digital marketing. Besides Bishoy's amazing technological talent, he is loyal friend and always puts the needs of his team first.
Business Development &
Whether it was designing our website, quickly resolving any web based problems, or getting participants involved and attending our events, Bishoy is always willing and more than capable of handling any task thrown his way.
I have not met a more capable digital marketing professional than Bishoy. I've worked with him first-hand and his resourcefulness is superb. Most notably, his attention to detail, methodical approach, and problem solving skills are simply outstanding.
Web Content Manager
You can browse Bishoy's profile to see how he mastered his craft, but that's just the surface. He showcases his ability to adapt, collab, and take initiative. If you're seeking someone who not only masters digital strategy, but also the art of being a caring human, look no further!
Convention & Sales Manager
Bishoy is clearly one of those go-to people who figures out how to get things done and I would be delighted to work with him again. He is an extremely strong contributor and an excellent team player.